Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What Irish Eyes Are Watching

So, I got to talk with my sister Bubba last night. We were making semi-final confirmation of our plan to go out to dinner this weekend or next Tuesday (she's got a hankering for some Red Lobster). Before we got off the phone she mentioned she was going to watch "Brigadoon" (such a wonderful musical with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse). Which got me to thinking what I'm gonna watch to celebrate the day.

Last year I watched "The Matchmaker" (with Janeane Garofalo and David O'Hara [Who? He is a bit player in a lot of movies, most notably in the next Harry Potter movie he's gonna play "Albert Runcorn" [who is that? In the "Deathly Hollows" when they go to the Ministry of Magic in search of one of Voldemort's horcruxes, Ron steals his identity to be able to go in and search.] Oh joy, I don't believe I remember that.--ha, I didn't. I had to Google it.]

Anyway, The Matchmaker is a cute, romantic movie. Even the Pocket Ferengei liked it. Janeane's character works for a Senator seeking re-election and wants to get as many Irish votes as he can. The Senator sends Janeane to Ireland to find out his ancestry. The thing is, the day she gets into Ireland is the beginning of the annual Matchmaking festival. So all-in-all, it's a cute romantic comedy.

For St. Patty's Day two year's ago I watched Brigadoon and "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". This is the role that got Sean Connery cast as James Bond; and not because of his singing (the producer of the Bond movies saw Sean and thought he was perfect for the role of James Bond). This movie is another "cute" movie…but I don't think it's time for me to watch it again.

I'll probably wind-up watching "The Last Unicorn". I love that movie. It's one of the Rankin/Bass animated movies. (I think it’s the last one they made.)

Oh well, off to the movies. More later. Booboo

[Wow, two in one day. It makes up for the days I didn't Blog. hehehe.]

No comments:

Post a Comment