Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary. Happy Anniversary. Happy Anniversary. Haaaaappy Anniversary.




Today is Elder Sister's (and her husband (Golf Guy)) anniversary. And it seems to be a "remake" of that day (only they got married on a Saturday and today is Tuesday).

It's a beautiful, no cloud in the sky outside day and its not too cold; the same as it was on their wedding day. I was her MOH (maid of honor) and his brother was the best man. I remember it as a fun day, and I'm glad that I was a part of it.

The funniest thing about that day (which I didn't find out until they got back from their honeymoon) was on their videotape (yep, it was that far back that we used a video camera and VHS tape). Our 'cousin' SVN* video taped little speeches from people for the happy couple. Mine was dumb and quick (because I hate being on video); most speeches were alright; but the Golf Guy's and Elder Sister's were hilarious (for different reasons).

Golf Guy can be a bit of a "cut-up", he can be funny when he wants to be [there, it's in writing, I have acknowledged that you are a funny guy, GG], and his part of the tape was friggin' hilarious. It seemed like he was doing a stand-up routine: "Do I love you? Would I not pay for this big wedding? Do I love you? Did I not come out, in the pouring rain and change your tire? [etc.].". (It's one of those things that you'd have to see.)

Then we get to Elder Sister's part of the tape, and she's a crying mess. (It was just funny, comparing her's to her husband's.)

My date to the wedding was an old friend -- Rickay. (We were just friends, nothing ever came of it.) That was actually the second time he'd been my date to a wedding. The first time was when an old childhood friend of mine, Custard, got married in Florida a few years later. I asked Rickay if he would be my date, and he said sure. So we made it into a nice vacation. Rickay, one of his sisters (Trip #1) and I wound up driving to and old friend of ours in Hollywood, Florida; where we stayed for the week. That was a fun trip. AND I learned never to go to Florida in July (because there is NO escaping the heat). One day, I thought I'd cool off by taking a dip in the pool they had where our friend lived; but it was like jumping into a bathtub filled with warm water. Ugh.

As far as I can tell, Rickay's still doing good. He was one of those boys who, in his younger years, was always in trouble (i.e.: a party monster). More recently I heard from his sisters that he was going through some medically tough times (the doctors used him as a guinea pig for a new treatment for the problem he had [which I'm not 100% sure about, but I think it was a type of cancer]--and it worked; he's still with us).

I recently got back in touch with him on Facebook. He sounds happy, and I do believe that he found religion. Good for him. Whatever gets YOU through the day, go for it…just don't push it on anyone else.

Oh yeah, and another anniversary that's happening this month: Dunkin' Donuts is now 60 years old. Whoo Hoo. Here's to another 60 DD.

Well that's all for now. More later, Booboo



*Not a blood relative cousin, but a daughter of our parents friends who I've known my whole life as "cousin SV" before she got the "N"; now she's cousin SVN. Who, by the way sent me an e-mail today with this in it (titled "Why The Dog Ran Away"):



(I want a cat like this. Murphy is almost as big, but compared to this guy--nah, he's little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment