Monday, March 1, 2010

Rabbit/Rabbit


I used to follow a blogger by the name of "Old Horsetail Snake" (Gene Maudlin). He's been gone from us for over a year now, and I still miss reading his jokes and stories. Gene's the person who got me into "Rabbit/Rabbit".

On the first of the month he'd link a picture of rabbit(s) on his blog (or around the beginning of the month because he was sick) and with a note: "if you say it twice at the beginning of the month you'll have good luck for the rest of it".

I've continued this tradition on my Facebook page; and now I'm going to continue it here.

Facebook has been pretty fun for me. I've met some interesting people on it. I've also found my latest obsession on it: "Farmville".

Farmville is a game where you have items on your farm (horses, cows, chickens, pigs, etc.) that you have to collect or "farm". Like milk from cows, eggs from chickens, etc. For the pigs you collect truffles and for the horses you collect horsehair (which is good because when I first started playing, and didn't know anything about what they "give", I initially thought "bacon" for pigs or "glue" for horses, but then I thought "wow, that'd be really sick"). When you perform these activities you get coins and experience points. There are options for people to pay money to get "cash" items; but I'm not that fanatical about it (and I hope I don't get that way).

It's a fun, mind numbing, thing to do; kind of "zen" like.

To make it more fun, you can have "neighbors". I started off having neighbors that were actual friends/family. Now I've gotten International with it and have about 60 neighbors from a couple of different countries.

People are always looking for neighbors. And there are a couple of different ways to get them: a) on your friends Facebook page, people will see your name in a link for a Farmville activity and you might wind-up getting an invitation to be "friends" that way; or b) if you go to the Farmville Facebook page you'll usually find messages for people who are looking for neighbors and you can get them that way. You see, the more neigbors you have, the more fun/coins you'll have.

I'm mentioning this game because of something that happened a couple of weeks ago on it. Farmville allowed us to upgrade our chicken coops by allowing us to have a "barn raising". The neat thing about this was watching everyone help everyone else out. For about an hour on a Friday afternoon there were fast and furious barn raising(s) going on. People were posting on their Facebook pages that they needed help raising their coops, and friends were sending them the help. So that by late that Friday night almost everyone of my friends (and me) had their coops done. It was just a real neat experience to watch.

Too bad this doesn't happen in real life too often. Oh well...happy Monday everyone. More later...Booboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment