Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Heard A Rumor.

While I was flitting about the internet today (like any day), reading the news, catching up on what's happening in T.V./Movies, etc.; I've come upon some rumors. Some are interesting, most are just sad, and some made me scratch my head and go "huh?". So here we go:

The "Why Even Bother" rumor: Apparently a remake of Gilligan's Island is in the works. It's going to be a movie. Sigh, hollywood=no brains. This is just one of a long list of T.V. reboots: "Hawaii Five-O" (they are really trying to do something with actor Alex O'Loughlin (previously of 'Moonlight' (Mick St. John-vampire) but so far nothing is sticking); "Smurfs" (of all things, and hitting while the iron is still hot, they've got Neil Patrick Harris in it), and "The A-Team". Boy, you know, I just can't wait until they really start getting ahold of some really good ones, like "My Mother The Car" (they can get Angelina Jolie for the car); or "The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis" (hey, Steve Carrell seems to be up for anything lately); or, or "Cop Rock" (they can remake it, c'mon musicals are relevant again); or "The White Shadow" (they can make it "PC" can't they?). I think I better stop before someone actually does do something we'll regret...what's that you say? Too late? I wholeheartedly agree.

The "Oh You Can't Be Serious" rumor: John Kasinski (the guy from "The Office") is to possibly be "Captain America". The guy does absolutely nothing for me. I'm not a fan of (either) "The Office", and he's just some generic guy. Why don't they go with "unknown's" for roles like this. It worked for Christopher Reeves in the 70's with Superman (not so much for Brandon whoever in the reboot "Superman [whatever]" a few years ago [can you tell I wasn't a fan of that movie]). As I said, this was a rumor. Update: now it seems that they have cast Chris Evans as Cap. This I'm not too sure about. Chris Evans played "Johnny Storm/Human Torch" in both Fantastic Four movies. But him for Cap, I don't know. I still wish they would go with an unknown.

The "This Could Possibly Work" rumor: Sam Raimi has bought the rights to do "The Shadow". Hopefully he'll make it. I'd like to see it done by him, and done well.

The "OK, Why?" rumor: {Sir} Ridley Scott is doing a pre-quel to 'Alien'. Well, I guess if he is hurting for money (which he's not; he's got a hit show on T.V. right now "The Good Wife") or [hopefully, please, please, please be this] they actually have a good idea and a good script. Casting will definitely have to be brand newbies because I have no idea how they would be able to get Sigourney figured into it.

The "Hollywood Is Killing My Favorite Movies" rumor: An actress/whatever that I COMPLETELY despise, Jennifer Lopez, is going to be in the re-make of "Overboard". I hate her. Plain and simple. There is nothing about her that I like. Now she's doing this, ugh.

One more I found today: the "What Are They Thinking" rumor: John Malkovich and Frances McDormand are now scheduled to appear in the next "Transformers" movie. Ugh. Well, with this economy, I guess everybody needs all the money/work they can get.

Oh well, it looks I'll be saving a lot of money in the future because there's no way I'd see most of these in completed form.

More later. Booboo {shuffles off to hide in cave}

No comments:

Post a Comment