Friday, March 5, 2010

And So It Continues...


So, we watched three movies from the festering pile...ooops, meant to say our Netflix rentals. Yesterday, I wrote about "2012". Today are your warnings for "Sorority Row" and "Gentlemen Broncos".

Sorority Row



Synopsis: "When a prank results in the accidental death of a Theta Pi sister, the sorority's members keep the crime under wraps. But as graduation rolls around, a masked killer begins stalking and slaying the girls responsible for the death."

I went into this movie knowing that it was going to be a dumb horror flick...and I wasn't disappointed. I fell asleep through it; that's how great it was. Sad to say Carrie Fisher was in it; and if she was 'camping' it up in this movie then I missed what happened to her (fell asleep). Thankfully I think I remember this being a small role for her. (I wish she'd do some more comedies, she's really funny.) I just had to find out who the killer was (Wikipedia, thanks bunches), and I don't remember that person at all. So, this movie was another complete waste of time.

Gentlemen Broncos



Synopsis: "Hoping that his novel brings him fame and fortune, high school loner Benjamin Purvis (Michael Angarano) attends a fantasy writers conference and later discovers that his masterwork has been plagiarized by an iconic author (Jemaine Clement)". This movie is from the guys who created "Napolean Dynamite" and "Nacho Libre" (so I guess this was their trilogy of crap). It stars Sam Rockwell (why, Sam, why -- you did so good in "Moon"), Michael Angarano ("Sky High"), Jennifer Coolidge ("Stifler's Mother" from "American Pie" movies, among others), and some guy named Jemaine Clement (from some show called "Flight of the Conchords", which I have heard about and, after seeing him in this movie, I have absolutely no desire to watch).

I can't describe how crappy this movie was. I'd say think of the crappiest Monty Python skit you could think of and multiply it by 100, but that's being too nice to the film makers. So let this be your warning, avoid this movie like the plague.

I am really glad that I bought the Pocket Ferengei beer yesterday, because he deserved it for watching these movies with me. AGAIN, Sweetums, I'm sorry for putting you through that.

There are still two movies to watch: "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee" (starring Alan Arkin and Robin Wright Penn as a husband and wife moving to a retirement village--what a match-up); and "Public Enemies" (Johnny Depp as a bank robber). "Pippa" I'll be watching by myself (don't want to piss off the PF too much) and "Public" we'll probably watch tomorrow night after the Nascar race. Whoo hoo, I....Can't....Wait.

More later, Booboo

No comments:

Post a Comment