Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning Feels So Bad ...


Monday's have never been my favorite day. I guess it goes back to when I was kid: by Sunday night I was dragging, moaning and complaining about going back to school on Monday.

Things really haven't changed since then. I don't moan an complain (well not that much, anyway), but I'm still dragging.

I still dread getting up in the morning...coffee helps, but only 'just'. On these mornings I am very grateful for my Pocket Ferengei. He gets me going in the morning. Not in your normal way, not by a long shot. He sings to me. And not just any song; he sings to me the one verse from a song he knows: "open wide your windows dear" (the rest he either makes up or just hums). But I know this song from somewhere (besides the PF singing it). I just can't place where I know this song from? I keep thinking its bugs bunny or one of those cartoons, but I just don't know which one. I guess I'll remember eventualy, oh well.

We did some food shopping yesterday and while we were out and about [I'm writing this down for posterity sake] the PF went out and bought himself new shoes. And not just one pair, he broke down and bought 2 (buy 1 get 1 1/2 off). That's one for the history books, folks. [The PF tends to hold onto things until they are completely used, and his shoes were at the "fart" making point (every other step he'd take, he'd make a "pfrt" sound: hehehe. And yes, I am quite definite it was the shoe.)]

So, the weekend was a pretty decent one. I also was able to make the PF get our pictures off of the camera. They are on his computer, now I just have to get to them so that I can organize them to use them on here. Some of the shots I took during both snowstorms (Dec. '09 and Feb. '10) came out pretty good.

I did find something funny om the tube last night. It's probably been on for a couple of weeks, but since we have a "DVR" we usually fastforward through the commercials. We were watching the NASCAR race on FOX. [The PF is a big race fan, me: not so much. I have people that I like to watch (Boris Said and Mikey Waltrip), but for the most part I find NASCAR racing boring. So I sit and read my comic books or (more likely than not) play on the computer.] While we were watching the race, a commercial came on for Old Spice underarm deodarant. It's been a while since I've laughed that hard. It has a very nice looking guy with a towel wrapped around his waist and he said "Ladies, look at your man; now look at me; look at your man, look at me"; and he kept on going that way talking about how nice he looks for you, he'll take you places, get you pearls, and [my favorite part] inside a clam he has "two tickets to that thing you wanted to see" or more diamonds then you'll ever want. Just a very funny commercial.

Well, time to go and feed my "habit"...Farmville is calling...I feel the need, the need for seed.

More later! Booboo

Oh yeah, I fogot....Happy Birthday OX. Hope your day was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment