Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here There Be Clowns.

The Pocket Ferengei and I live in a small town. For New Jersey, I guess its small. It’s the type of town where everyone knows everyone(s) business.

We live in a decent neighborhood. We are a few blocks away from both the projects and the ritzy neighborhoods.

In the early part of the 1800's, our section of town used to be the main part of town. At the end of our block one of the houses used to be the "post office" where the Pony Express used to stop. (Rumor has it that the house is haunted, I think it's been featured in "Weird NJ".)

The house across the street from us used to be the General Store. When you look at that house today, you can still see that it used to be some type of store.

There's a family that lives in that house. And they are clowns. At least the parents are.

Now when I say that they are clowns, I mean it. They are performers who dress up as clowns for parties, events in town and around the area. [Heh - At least I think they get paid to do it; I've never personally asked them if they get paid to do it. I think that'd be kind of rude. But hey, that's me.] They are also heavily Baptist…but I'm not going there today.

This past Saturday, when my PF dragged himself off of the couch to go "accomplish something". (Apparently, he felt the need--I didn't). As he was gathering items to take to the dump, we looked out our front window and saw a white stretch limo parked across the street. Usually, when you see a white limo it can mean "wedding" or "prom". And since they home school their children (and it's too early in the year to be a prom anyway) it meant "wedding".

The PF found out earlier that younger daughter was in the family way [I'm not saying its right or wrong, it happens] so she wanted to get hitched before the baby arrived.

So, when I saw younger son wandering around outside, dressed up (not in a clown suit); I asked what was going on? He said his sister was getting married.

Of course I was curious to see what was going on (there wasn't anything on the tube at that time); so I waited and watched to see the bride. Well I saw her, and she wore white. (Way to go mommma of 2.)

I waited to see if Momma and Poppa would come out dressed as clowns, but I was disappointed. They were dressed nicely for the occasion.

Personally, I thought'd it'd be kind of funny to have your dad walk you down the aisle with him dressed as a clown...but apparently they didn't think so. ("Who gives this woman away?" "Honk!")

So that was the excitement for last weekend. Today (into tomorrow) we have snow. Whoo hoo, can you feel the excitement.

More later. Booboo.

1 comment: