Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Day To Remember (And Recuperate)



I hope everybody's Caturday was a happy one. Mine sure was.

Wow, were the past two days busy. Not just because da boss man was slinging the whip like crazy because he was heading out for his two week vacation, but Friday was also spent shopping, unloading "Uncle Greeny" (my vehicle), and then cleaning "The Hobbit Hole". I was up until 1:30 am getting everything done. But it was worth it.

Saturday was a special day. My friend Titanica and her son were up visiting and Saturday was our day. And what a great day it was. After picking Ti and son up from he grandparents (late 80's/early 90's, respectively, Ti's gram and gramp are looking rather well for their age); we spent the late morning and lunch time at and around our Hobbit Hole. Ti's boy got to see all da kitties (and he did very well with that, since Ti said he's afraid of animals), especially our Phoebe (who would not leave him alone -- she was wanting some loving, and eventually he did start petting her). Our Romeo made a new friend with Ti (she asked him if he wanted to move to Florida with her -- she loves the ginger kitty). After a quick lunch of PB&J we took a walk to the park by the Delaware River (just a block away from us). It was the first time Ti's boy ever saw the Delaware, he was unimpressed. The boy got to play on the swingset in the park and Ti and I got to play some catch-up on life. So that was a nice visit.

Earlier this week we were trying to figure out what to do on Saturday (the boy 'gasp' doesn't like movies, so that was out; so was going to a mall; we thought about going to visit another of our friends we both have not seen in ages, but we didn't have the $20 for the ticket to get into the Renaissance Fair he was performing in, so we shall have to catch-up with Mr. B some other time). I had offered to drive them to see her step-dad (who lives down by the beach), but they saw him on Dad's day. So Ti asked if it wouldn't be too much of a burden if I would drive her to see her step-mom (who she hadn't seen in over 10 years). I told her it wasn't, so off we went to see Di in Marlton. What a great time. Ti told me that Di had put a pool up on her property (the last time I was at Di's was prior to Ti's wedding, I think it was a Labor Day party (those were fun), and they didn't have a pool at that time). Ti was nervous. She and Di had not talked for that long because of "family" issues after Ti's Papa Ern had passed away from us. She had nothing to worry about. It was a terrific visit.

Di looks fantastic, and she had made many great changes to her home (besides the pool). Di was really happy to see her grandson for the first time. It was great. After a little sit and chat (another couple showed up (Uncle Paul and his wife (I forgot her name, that's horrible, I think it's Carol -- they are old friends of the family that by virtue of time are "Aunt and Uncle")), the boy wanted to go into the pool. So Di, Ti and the boy went outside. I eventually went outside (after chatting with Paul and Carol) and I stuck my legs in the water. Well, that didn't last long. After relinquishing my keys, phone, hairband and glasses, fully clothed (shirt, bra, panties and capri sweats) I did the "Nestea" plunge into the water. (The boy didn't want to go in by himself and Ti and Di were chit-chatting and didn't want to go in yet, so I gave up being dry and went in -- it was also hot (90 something degrees out)). Eventually Ti and Di came in, and a fun time was had by all. (Picture of me fully clothed in the pool shall follow later -- after Ti gets herself situated).

After a nice afternoon of floating in the pool and gabbing away, Di ordered pizzas for us (the most delicious pizza I've had in a long time). By this time two others had shown up (Paul and Carol's daughter - forgot her name too, I am so horrible with names) and Di's boyfriend (I want to say his name is Bart, but I'm probably wrong).

What a great day. Reminiscing with the group (I learned a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't know happend after Papa Ern passed away; it's a real shame how some people reacted after that -- it's how the rift opened-up..but I digress).

It was a great day of "building the bridge back together".

I really felt honored that I was included in that day. Thanks Ti (and have a safe trip home and best of luck with the move next weekend).

So on to the recuperating part (today). I've heard from my Pocket Ferengei that he's heading home from 'homecoming' (the car club meet and greet in Kentucky). So today is a day to just be.

Have a great one everybody.

More later, Booboo!

No comments:

Post a Comment