Thursday, May 6, 2010

Movie Trailers

For them most part, I love watching movie trailers. Most of the time, the trailer is the best part of the (a) movie you are watching; and/or (b) the movie the trailer is about.

This summer is looking-up to be a major bummer for movies for me. The movies I really want to see are all coming out this month (before the summer truly begins) beginning this week with Iron Man 2. Next up will be Shrek the Fourth, and I know something else is coming out this month, but I can't be bothered to look it up. That's how excited I am about the movies.

I just watched a trailer for "Jonah Hex". This movie is loosely based on DC comics western bounty hunter. It's a really good series (the series that I've been reading has been going on for about 2 years now; and the writing, characterization and artwork has been really good). In this current series, they've written Jonah Hex as a bounty hunter who was ditched by his dad (when he was a kid) to an indian tribe. Jonah was raised by said indian tribe. During some ritual or another he wound up getting his face badly scarred. He's just an incredibly good bounty hunter. He also fought in the civil war (on the loosing side -- confederate). That's all. I have found out that he is based on a real bounty hunter (which I thought was cool).

WELL...DC fuqued up big time. Forget everything I just wrote. From the trailer, it looks like he: (a) is a bounty hunter; (b) has the scar; (c) has the confederate uniform; and (d) he shoots guns. What DC (or whoever wrote this pile o crap movie) did was gave him guns and stuff that were laying around from the movie version of the "Wild Wild West" and gave him the supernatural power to talk to the dead. Now I loved "Pushing Daisies" and I love "Medium" ... but come on????

This is a character that I like...and they screwed him up.

They got Josh Brolin to play him (fine, I like Josh Brolin).

They got John Malkovich to play the bad guy (great, I love John Malkovich).

They got whatever her name is Fox to play the girl (I really, really, really, REALLY, do not like her...she's the twit that was in "Jennifer's Body" and played the girlfriend in both "Transformers" movie....Megan Fox, that's it. (I DESPISE HER.))

Will I still see the movie? Dumbass that I am will still see this movie (only on a reduced rate showing...AMC A.M.).

I just would have loved to have seen this movie done like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western, or even like "Tombstone" or "The Quick & the Dead"...but instead we get a PG-13 POS.

Screw it...[wanders off muttering "why did you watch the trailer" and "why her, why her, why her"....]

More later, Booboo

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm an avid Jonah Hex fan, and at least from the trailer, it seems to only vaguely resemble anything about the comic book. I'll still be seeing it, though, how could I not?

    To be honest, I have kind of a vested interest in the movie. Me and my friends just finished a Spaghetti Western Concept Rap album, called "Showdown at the BK Corral." which is basically an epic Spaghetti Western over 9 tracks - very influenced by Leone abd Morricone, and we actually use the name Jonah Hex as one of our main characters. Now, our character doesn't really bear that much of a resemblance to the comic either, but when we started this project over three years ago, no one had heard of him anyway, and we thought it was a nice tribute. Now that there's a movie about it, I'm not sure what that will do for us.

    Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think of it! You can download it for free at sunsetparkriders.com

    -Kid Vengeance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kid Vengeance! When I get a computer that has working speakers, I will gladly listen to your music...my computer sucks.

    Thanks for the note.

    ReplyDelete