Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So, Yes, I Am A Sucker.

Last night I made a simple request to the Pocket Ferengei, "Stop at the vet's office so we can pick-up some more dry food for the kitties".

Simple enough, right? Absofrigginlutely not.

Almost as soon as I walked into the office, Kat (one of the assistants) said "I came in this morning and found a kitty carrier stuffed with two, big kitty cats. Want to see them?" Someone left them out in front of the vets office (don't know when becase they close at 2:00 pm on Saturday and nobody comes back to the office until Monday at 8:30 am). No note, nothing.

So, the sucker that I am, went into the back to see the boys. They are big boys. I mean BIG boys. I've got a picture on here somewhere of Phoebe (our resident fat girl) and these boys are bigger than her. I mean, the one is big (structurally) but the other guy is just a big fat fella (all grey).

We had a kitty boy a few years ago almost as big (Bear); and he was such a sweeheart.

So Kat kept telling me how bad she felt for them, and how she can't take anymore (you think I'm bad, she's got 8 indoor and 20 outdoor kitties); the Doc already has three resident kitties (one is my cute little baby boy Joey; I've got to get a picture of him for on here) so she can't keep them.

So, I called the PF in to take a look. The one I was holding (a white/orange tabby) was purring so loud and rubbing all on me. I handed him over to the PF and the kitty boy did the same thing. It was funny seeing the PF hold this massive kittycat (cause he is my POCKET Ferengei for a reason-little bitty guy).

So we hemmed and hawed about it. And we'll be picking the boys up on Saturday.

Wish us luck.

More (photos) later; Booboo.

1 comment: